Monday, June 29, 2009

Random Ramblings Again

Well I have two weeks left here so I am pretty much just hanging out alot and I think I've exhausted every topic that I want to so this post probably won't be long. Classes are basically over and all we have now are tests and review and then the big speech next Thursday. So with not that much schoolwork to do I have been really looking forward to getting back to familiarity and at the same time enjoying myself.

Monday we had another Japanese cultural experience, Ikebana (flower arrangement). So basically all we did was stick a bunch of flowers in a pot and joked around. Wednesday was really fun. Jason took us to the Sapporo beer museum. Sapporo Beer is obviously from Sapporo and I think its probably the most famous Japanese beer since its sold worldwide unlike the others. There was basically nothing to the museum and everybody just took a bunch of random pictures, but for 400 yen you can get three glasses of beer, each different flavours. A little sampler, if you will, of three different types of beer that they produce. The unanimous favorite was Yebisu Black, the dark beer, something kinda like Guinness. There was one that was pretty bad tasting, kinda like an American beer, the majority of which are not very good at all. But everybody had fun just hanging out in the museum for a few hours, eating and drinking.

Saturday one of the host families had a Yukata party for all the exchange students, Koreans and English also included. The Uenos (my host family) had given me a yukata earlier. It was a real nice one too, something Mr. Ueno had gotten as a gift for working as security at the 1998 Nagano Winter Olympics. It hadn't been worn or anything so he decided to give it to me. Everybody was dressed up though, and we just hung out, played cards, ate a ton of food, did some fireworks and had a good few hours. I was really excited about it because Jason ordered pizza. He probably spent alot of money on it considering a medium pizza is about $20 and he bought quite a few of them. It was real real tasty. One of them even had egg on it which you wouldnt think of putting on a pizza, but it was a good fit I thought.

But yeah those are pretty much the highlights for the week. Alot of hanging out with friends and doing mostly nothing but good times. Right now the pics won't upload so I'll try to get them on later. I am just getting more excited day by day to go home and see the family and friends and enjoy my last year of college and by default my last year before I legitimately becoming an adult with a job and rent and all that. That's going to be a load to take care of over the next year so I can start making some money and be happy at the same time doing what I want. Aahhh Boy.

By the way, congrats to my parents on 22 years of marriage celebrated over the weekend. Thank you for everything you've done over the past 21 and a half years.

One.

No comments:

Post a Comment